Welcome to the Student Support Services (SSS) Regular Program at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette.
The SSS program provides opportunities for academic development, assists you with basic requirements, and we will motivate you towards successful completion of your post secondary education. The program will assist you with securing financial aid, providing personal, career and academic counseling and may also provide grant aid to current SSS participants who are receiving Federal Pell Grants.
Our goal is to help students stay in college, receive their undergraduate degree, and assist with the transition from one level of higher education to the next. We are only here to help and hope to make our offices a place where you can spend time, learn, and foster new relationships with our staff members and your fellow peers.
- Computer lab
- Information and referral to services and programs on and off campus
- Special workshops and classes
- Assistance with scholarship and grant applications
- Academic tutoring, which may include instruction in reading, writing, study skills, mathematics, science, and other subjects
- Advice and assistance in postsecondary course selection
- Assist student with information on both the full range of student financial aid programs, benefits and resources for locating public and private scholarships
- Assistance in completing financial aid applications. Education or counseling services designed to improve the financial and economic literacy and assist students in applying for admission to graduate and professional programs
- Assist students enrolled in two-year institutions and applying for admission to, and obtaining financial assistance for enrollment in four-year programs
- Provide individualized counseling for personal, career, academic, activities, and instruction designed to acquaint students with career options