Student Support Services STEM (SSS STEM) provides specialized services geared specifically to support the needs of students in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math majors.
SSS STEM is successful in assisting students with their academic and professional endeavors. Need help deciding on which classes to take together? Want help with your resume so you can be competitve in your job interviews? How about help with your graduate school application? We are here to help with all of these issues and more.
Our staff will work hard to find you internships your Junior and Senior year so that you are prepared for the workforce once graduating. We have had students intern with NASA Robotics, Halliburton, Schlumberger, and many other companies in the science, technology, engineering, and mathematic fields. Our SSS students also receive tutoring specialized in their major area, help with financial aid and scholarship applications as well as individualized career counseling
Our staff is dedicated to the personal and academic success for our students. STEM careers are the future and become more important to our world every day — and we want you to be a part of that transformation. Math and science are the engines of innovation and with these engines we can lead the world.
- Individual and small group tutoring with emphasis in math, science, writing and computers
- Computer lab
- Information and referral to services and programs on and off campus
- Special workshops and classes
- Assistance with scholarship and grant applications
- Advice and assistance in postsecondary course selection
- Assist student with information on both the full range of student financial aid programs, benefits and resources for locating public and private scholarships
- Assistance in completing financial aid applications. Education or counseling services designed to improve the financial and economic literacy and assist students in applying for admission to graduate and professional programs
- Assist students enrolled in two-year institutions and applying for admission to, and obtaining financial assistance for enrollment in four-year programs
- Provide individualized counseling for personal, career, academic, activities, and instruction designed to acquaint students with career options