Educational Talent Search 3
In the Educational Talent Search program, we help identify and assist students from disadvantaged backgrounds — but those students also have the potential to succeed in higher education.
We provide academic, career, and financial counseling to our students and work with them so they can graduate from high school and then earn their college degree. Because navigating the college landscape can be confusing, we provide financial aid workshops and help you with the college application process.
The Educational Talent Search program is open to current high school students, as well as students who were not able to graduate from college. We want to help you enter or re-enter college and earn your degree. Our goal is to increase the graduation numbers for students who come from disadvantaged backgrounds but understand the value of a post-secondary education.
The Educational Talent Search program at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette was established in 1979 and have served thousands of students in Acadiana. Let us help you get where you want to go.
- Academic, financial, career, or personal counseling including advice on entry or re-entry to secondary or postsecondary programs
- Career exploration and aptitude assessment
- Tutorial services
- Information on postsecondary education
- Exposure to college campuses
- Information on student financial assistance
- Assistance in completing college admissions and financial aid applications
- Assistance in preparing for college entrance exams
- Mentoring programs
- Special activities for sixth, seventh, and eighth graders
- Workshops for the families of participants