Upward Bound students are selected from target schools in Lafayette, St. Landry, St. Martin, New Iberia, and Vermilion parishes. Participants are selected from families who meet low income and/or first generation criteria as established by the U.S. Department of Education.
Additionally, the student must meet the following eligility.
- Students who come from families in which neither parent has completed a four-year college degree (first-generation college students).
- Students whose family income is within federal requirements.
- Students who are US citizens or permanent residents of the United States.
- Students who have a demonstrated need for the program services, in order to pursue successfully a program of education beyond high school.
- Students who have completed the ninth grade but have not entered the twelfth grade and are at least 13 years old but not older than 19.
- Students who have the academic potential to be successful to enroll in college and obtain a bachelor's degree.
Program information is available in the Upward Bound office, located in DeClouet Hall, room 220. We understand that you may have a busy schedule so you can also fill out an application and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at (337) 482-6833. We look forward to hearing from you and are excited to help you reach your next educational milestone.
If you would like any additional information about the Upward Bound program, please visit the U.S. Department of Education's website.